Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, which means only a few more weeks of watching sappy ’90s rom-coms until February 14 passes and all the good chocolate goes on sale. Whether you’re a hopeless romantic or the type that throws “Anti V-Day” parties every year, there’s bound to be a few of people in your life worthy of purchasing gifts for this holiday. Because, regardless of your relationship status, it’s good to show a little love to the people who mean the most. Whether you’re shopping for a best friend, roommate, sibling, or S.O., here’s a Valentine’s Day gift guide for all the special someones in your life.
Since your BFFs are undoubtedly the most important Galentines in your life, get them a Valentine’s Day gift that’s sure to brighten their day.
- Bloomingdale’s BFF Coffee Mug ($14): You can’t begin your morning gossip sesh without coffee, so this monogrammed mug is perfect to jump-start your and your Galentine’s Day together.
- Free People Day One Cat Eye Sunnies ($20): These shades are cute and colorful, just like your bestie.
- Who What Wear Women’s Ruffle Heeled Slide Sandals ($35): We all have that one friend who has an entire closet dedicated to footwear.
- Glossier Balm Dotcom ($12): This soothing product is ideal for any friend who’s constantly stealing your Chapstick.
- Sephora Face Mask in Pearl ($6): Throw these on to get ready for your dates together, or wear them all evening for a girls’ night in.
- Topshop Plain Beret ($22): Did your BFFs recently study abroad in Paris? This one’s for them.
- Candy House Love Heart Messages ($20): Nothing is sweeter than candy, and no one is sweeter than your BFFs. Give them this with a cute card and big hug to show them your love.
- Love by Luna Encouraging Love Crystal Set ($25): These five crystals each represent all different kinds of encouraging love.
- SkinnyDip London Cosmetics Case ($18): Give your friend the gift of organization with this adorable bag.
- Slip Silk Sleepmask ($45): All this celebration calls for sleeping in, which is made even better with a silky mask.
Whether you’re best friends or simply two people who happen to live together, it’s still nice to show a little love to your roomie every once in a while.
- & Other Stories La Belle Saison Scented Candle ($40): Good smells and good vibes go well together. A gift like this will brighten your roommate’s day and keep your living space calm and cozy.
- Yves Saint Laurent Beauty La Laque Couture ($28): Get your roommate a color you know they like, or opt for a classic V-day pink if you’re not quite that close.
- Nordstrom Flavored Chocolate Truffles in Gift Box ($30): Honestly, what’s Valentine’s day without a box of chocolates?
- Cap Beauty The Little Matcha Stick Box ($13): This tea is known for health benefits and energy boosts throughout the day. If your roommate is constantly on-the-go, this gift will be a hit.
- ASOS Bedroom Athletics Gwen Lux Fur Mule ($48): They’ll especially appreciate these slippers in the colder months when your old tile floors freeze over.
- Anthropologie Catherine Rising Large Smudge Stick ($24): Give this smudge bundle to help purify your space (and ease any tense vibes).
- Urban Outfitters Potted Faux 3” Cactus ($10): Between the two of you, someone should be able to keep these alive for a whole semester.
- Michael Michael Kors Heart Shaped Key Ring ($54): Your roommate will love this cute accessory, and you’ll both love the fact that at least one of you always has a set of keys on hand.
- S’well Flare Traveler ($30): Really, what’s the use of your Brita if the water doesn’t stay cold after you leave the house? Your roomie will thank you for this one.
- Free People Essential Stone Necklace ($18): You’re probably always borrowing their jewelry, so let them know how much you appreciate their willingness to share with a necklace.
In the words of my mother, “Friends come and go, but your family, they’re with you forever.” (Sob.) Finding gifts for your family isn’t always easy, but they’re always worth showing a little extra love to.
- Who What Wear Collection Women’s Cocoon Sleeve Oversized Crew Neck Sweater ($33): This snuggly sweater will wrap your mom up like a hug when you’re not there to.
- Aesop A Rose by Any Other Name Body Cleanser ($45): Mom, dad, sister—pretty much anyone can appreciate some nice-smelling, well-packaged body wash.
- Topshop Chunky Brushed Scarf ($38): No one likes February weather, so keep your family warm with a huge blanket scarf. Plus, you can steal it from them when you visit home.
- H&M Soft Throw ($35): Your parents will appreciate this when they’re snuggling up on the couch (and your dog probably will, too).
- Everlane The Foldover Pouch ($98): This sleek and stylish clutch is sure to impress any parent.
- Cantankerous Chef Rose Gold French Press ($32): Just because they don’t use hashtags doesn’t mean your relatives don’t live by the motto #butfirstcoffee too.
- Michael Aram Heart Dish ($55): The perfect place for your parents to store all their new Valentine’s Day jewelry.
- Madewell Vermeil Heart Stud Earrings ($38): These studs are totally lovable and subtle enough to wear on a daily basis.
- Anthropologie Pressed Glass Photo Frame ($18): Upgrade your family gallery wall with these simple frames.
- Wilton Mini Treat Pan ($10): The perfect “hint hint” to your family when you’ve been craving some Valentine’s Day treats.
Your Significant Other
Yes, buying for your special someone can be incredibly intimidating (especially if you have no idea what they’re buying for you). If you’re worried or just plain stumped, here are a few foolproof gifts that definitely won’t fail to impress.
- Urban Outfitters Love Poems by Pablo Neruda ($12): If you don’t have a way with words yourself, a poetry book is a romantic alternative to writing it yourself.
- Ban.do Peekaboo Clutch in Hold Me ($24): This provides endless opportunities for cute notes and pick up lines.
- Le Labo Santal 33 ($78): The easiest way to ensure your significant other always smells good.
- Everlane The Cashmere Rib Beanie ($58): Ensure your love always stays cozy and warm.
- Anthropologie Wireless Headphones ($88): The easiest way to get them to sing your praises.
- Nocturnal Paper I Love You Because Personalize Valentines Card ($7): You’ve heard it a million times, but there really is no better gift than a personalized message.
- J.Crew Heart and Arrow Print Socks ($14): Show your love in a sillier (and less expensive) way this year with a cheeky pair of socks.
- Paper Source Black and White Gingham Essential Journal ($25): Leave a few love notes throughout for a sweet surprise.
- & Other Stories Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Heart Ring ($29): If you’re stressed about buying jewelry, simple is always best.
- Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 Camera ($100): Give them a way to document the memories you make, and revisit the pictures next Valentine’s Day to reminisce about your favorite moments of the year.
What are you giving your Valentine this year? Let us know in the comments below!