The vibrant leaves have already began to collect on the ground, but fall is not over yet! It’s time to enjoy the happy things that this season brings, such as colorful landscapes, autumn festivities, and tasty treats. Grab your friends to enjoy wearing fuzzy socks by the fireplace or go take advantage of the ideal sweater weather and head outside. While the air is still cool and crisp, check off these items on our list of things to do in November. Don’t forget your cameras for those Insta-worthy shots!
- Go to a fall fest. Enjoy a day full of fun and games with your campus community. Indulge in dancing to the live music, snacking on a caramel apple, and creating DIY decor that goes perfectly on the wall above your desk space. Don’t forget to visit the photo booth wall to capture the memories to look back on.
- Plan an outdoor feast. Bonfires are the ultimate touch in making this time of year feel like fall! Get together some food to roast (especially marshmallows). Enjoy eating your weight in s’mores and wrap yourself up in blankets to keep out the cold. This is the perfect opportunity to tell stories and cozy up.
- Go on a mini excursion to a local orchard. Apple picking is a great alternative to spending time staring at a computer screen. Walking through the rows of trees will help you de-stress, declutter your thoughts, and bring you to a slower-paced mindset. This is the perfect study break!
- Cuddle up with blankets for the perfect movie night. Pile up a few blankets and pillows in front of your TV or laptop for the ultimate movie night. Whether you’re still watching Halloween movies, or have moved on to holiday-themed ones, watching a movie is the best way to unwind after a hectic week of classes. Don’t forget to pop some bags of popcorn.
- Enjoy the great outdoors while getting exercise. Walking on the treadmill at the gym can get old and boring pretty quickly. Instead, ask a friend or two to go on a hike with you. Switching up your scenery from a dull gray wall to green spaces or mountains can really uplift your mood.
- Ready, set, bake—host a treat night. The only thing that’s better than eating tasty treats is making them with friends. This is another way to spend quality time with your pals while taking your mind off of your studies. While it’s a bit chilly out, and you may be under some stress, there’s nothing better than hot, fresh-baked desserts to make you feel better.
- Have a hot (study) date. Although it’s necessary, doing homework isn’t an ideal way to spend your night. You can make it more enjoyable by meeting up with friends to do work at a coffee shop.
- Visit a local museum. Take a break from your work, to study something different. Adventuring to a museum can make learning more pleasant by viewing pieces that you might find interesting. Looking at paintings in real life is a lot more engaging than from the textbook. Depending on the media at your museum, you may also learn more about the community where your school is located.
- Decorate for the new season to come. Towards the end of the month, the weather may be too frightful to go outside. Have fun staying indoors while decorating your room for the holidays! Ask your roommate or friends to help out. Start up a playlist and merrily watch your room turn into a winter wonderland. Don’t forget those picturesque polaroids!
What things will you do before November ends? Show us on social media! Don’t forget to tag @cfashionista.
Opening image by Sarah Gargano.