I am currently on day five of a seven-day beach vacation in Miramar Beach, Florida. By now, I’ve realized that, as usual, I overpacked. I have realized that I didn’t need to bring three pairs of jeans, my chunky sweaters, and 20 different outfit options. I love to be extra stylish when I’m on vacation, but that doesn’t mean I have to sacrifice practicality or overpack. I’ve figured out how to vacation like a Fashionista with these five things you really need to bring along to the beach.
1. Sunscreen—A good tan is always in style, but unhealthy skin is so not. Nothing is worse than looking fried in all your vacation pictures on Instagram, plus it’s dangerous for your skin to go without sunscreen. I usually wear SPF 15, but in the intense beach rays I bump it up to SPF 30. I recommend using a lotion sunscreen on your face rather than a sport spray. To add some shimmer, I dust a little highlighter on my nose and cheekbones after the sunscreen dries.
2. Stylish scrunchies—If you’re like me, you want your hair off your shoulders when you hit the beach. Hats can get washed away in the waves, so I like to rock a messy bun. To add some personality and style, try a fun scrunchie. I love these sequin scrunchies because they shine in the summer sun.
3. Bluetooth speaker with a beach playlist—Good music is another thing that’s always in style. A week before I left for the beach, I purchased a bluetooth speaker. Then I took song requests from everyone going on the trip and added them all to a playlist. Our $20 beach chairs feel more like VIP cabanas when we have good tunes playing all the time.
4. Sunnies—A great pair of sunglasses is a must at the beach. I’ve noticed a lot of mirrored lenses this season, and I am in love with this glamorous trend. Sassy pink mirrored lenses are my go-to right now. I definitely recommend splurging on a nice pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses.
5. Colorful swimsuits—I’ve noticed a trend of bold prints and bright-colored swimsuits on the beach. I’ve seen some cool bikinis with a lot of straps, but I would recommend saving those for a pool party and bringing swimsuits with less straps to prevent any crazy tan lines. My go-to is a brightly printed, classic triangle bikini. To add some glam, pair your bikini with some shades with mirrored lenses like I mentioned above.
What are your must-haves at the beach? Let me know in the comments below.