,

WHAT TO WEAR: Weekend Wear

July 6th, 2015 at 2:10am

Ahh…the sweet, sweet weekend where we spend the fleeting 29 percent of the week while the other 71 percent is spent day-dreaming about and yearning for. Lucky for us students, summertime and lack of class means that glorious weekend seems to bubble over more than 29 percent, leaving room for that awesome summer internship or the free workout class you’ve been wanting to hit up (or even a few hundred hours of Netflix). Whatever your plans are, it’s easy to upgrade any hangout outfit from your go-to yoga pants to an ensemble that’s stylish and durable through any summer activity.

Arming yourself for the weekend—or “extended weekend” as summer provides—is as simple as your favorite pair of jeans. Hitting the local bookstore to grab a new summer read? Headed to your weekend farmer’s market? Take a cue from this Fashionista and throw on a breezy maxi skirt that’s light, airy and perfect for mid-season heat. Tie up a sleeveless blouse to show off your (possible) island glow and throw on a pair of easy sandals to complete the look. Keep the rest of your look low-maintenance by spraying a hint of salt spray into your hair for a “fresh off the beach” look, even if all you’ve been doing is eating Doritos in your bed…

One Simple Change: After strolling through your neighborhood park and grabbing a latte at your local coffee house, take your weekend wear from day to night by switching out your maxi for a pair of trendy boyfriend jeans for a denim on denim look. Exchange your flat sandals for statement wedges, dramatize your eyes with a shadow pencil and give your hair an extra spritz of texturizing spray.