Our culture has always chosen one thing to fixate on. First it was zombies, where we swore we were all prepared for the zombie apocalypse to take place. Then, it was vampires and werewolves, where we declared if we were either team Edward or team Jacob. This season, the craze seems to lie in the majestic unicorn.
I’m not knocking our obsession in different fictional creatures because they’ve amounted to some interesting things. This season, the unicorn has appeared as unicorn hair, an array of hair color, to Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino, a purple and blue drink that amounts to 59 grams of sugar.
If you’re not up for unicorn hair, or if you think the Unicorn Frappuccino would totally kill your beach bod goals, unicorn yogurt bars are the way to go. When you’re ready to whip them up, don’t forget to invite your grandma to help. (Bonus points for sweetness!)
My grandma makes some rad food. Honestly, don’t all grandmas? But my grandma has never made unicorn yogurt bars. I decided to spend some quality time whipping up some with her. Here is a step-by-step from grandma and I on how to make unicorn yogurt bars.
½ cup blueberries, 1 mango, cut up, 4 strawberries, cut up, 3 cups of Greek yogurt, 3 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened coconut, and sprinkles (if you’re feeling extra sweet!)
1. Place strawberries, blueberries, and mango in their own microwavable bowls. Microwave each for 90 seconds.
2. Add 1 cup of Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey to each bowl and mix. Use blender if needed.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Using a spoon, spread the blueberry on the bottom of the pan. Do it carefully so that the colors don’t mix.
5. Add the strawberry yogurt on top of the blueberry yogurt. Don’t fully cover your blueberry up!
6. Add the mango to the very top.
7. Run a toothpick back and forth in the yogurt to create a majestic masterpiece!
8. Top with coconut flakes and sprinkles. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the freezer for three hours or until hard.
9. Take out and cut into desired size blocks.
10. Enjoy your magically healthy Unicorn Yogurt Bars! (Keep refrigerated.)
Hungry for more? Check out these other yummy articles: 5 Healthy Meals and Snacks That Are Quicker Than Fast Food, 5 Junk Food Smoothies, In A Mid-Semester Meal Rut? Try These Delicious Foods!
How did you make your Unicorn Yogurt Bars extra majestic? Show us on social media! Don’t forget to tag @Cfashionista.