Let’s face it, summer is the best time to get your traveling in. You don’t have to worry about school (unless you’re taking summer classes), and the warmer temperatures allow you to experience cultures, scenery and special events in ways you can’t any other time of the year. Every vacation can have its ups and downs, so here are some things to keep in mind while traveling this summer.
1. Stay hydrated—This is a general life lesson, but it’s important to stay hydrated especially when the temperatures rise. It’s no fun being dehydrated when you want to have fun. And when you are out and about on your summer adventures, it’s best to bring a reusable water bottle to fill up anywhere you go.
2. Wear sunscreen—This is something you should always keep in mind, but especially in the summer when the sun is out more. Make sure to pack sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. You can even get sun burned when it’s cloudy outside!
3. Take pictures—Of course you have to document your trip! Grab a camera or your phone and capture your summer memories that you won’t want to forget.
4. Unplug—Even though you may want to document every minute of your trip, stepping away from your phone and social media is the best way to live in the moment. Don’t worry if you didn’t get that Snapchat video of a monkey on your shoulder; the world doesn’t have to know everything you do.
5. Treat yourself—Your vacation is an excuse to allow yourself to do something you wouldn’t normally do at home. Whether it is to get a massage, a facial, or even to put every single topping on your delicious ice cream, it will all be worth it.
6. Try something new—Your summer vacation is a perfect way to check off some things from your bucket list.
7. Don’t let a bad moment get to you—If you lose your Bluetooth speaker or spill fruit punch all over your white sundress, it’s not going to ruin your entire vacation. Spending time with your friends and family is what really matters.
What are your tips on having a great summer vacation? Let me know in the comments below.