With summer 2017 in full swing, now is your chance to amp up your summer wardrobe and kiss your chunky sweaters and scarves goodbye! With school finally coming to an end, spicing up your wardrobe is a must. You can finally put some extra thought into your clothing choices instead of rushing off to class with coffee stains dribbling down your T-shirt (don’t worry, we’re all guilty of this). Summer is all about experimenting and having fun! So why not take a risk, get out of your comfort zone, and try rocking some of these five trends for the summer!
1. Cactus Prints—Yeah, you read that correctly. Ditch your striped or polka dot tees and trade them in for a cactus print! This quirky trend is totally in for summer 2017 and gives a unique twist to the basic prints that everyone else owns. The compliments will come pouring in, trust me!
2. Bandanas—Whether they be wrapped around your head, waist, or neck (like I am wearing), bandanas are this summer’s must-have accessory! They come in a variety of colors making them an accessory you can add to literally any outfit. Not only are bandanas one of the most versatile accessories ever, they are also super affordable!
3. Off-The-Shoulder Tops—We all know that summer means going to the beach! Off-the-shoulder tops are perfect for showing off your freshly tanned shoulders or your accumulation of freckles after a long day soaking up the sun. Either way, off-the-shoulder tops add a unique twist to a typical summer top and make it easy to show off your sun kissed skin.
4. Mules—This funky style of shoe is definitely something every Fashionista needs this summer! This type of shoe is not only extremely comfortable and stylish; It is also perfect for showing off your much needed summer pedicure because of the added peep toe! If you are feeling daring and extra trendy, go for a mule that is brightly colored like yellow, pink, or orange instead of something neutral.
5. Bell Sleeves—Big, billowy bell sleeves are the last trend worth rocking this summer. Not only will these airy sleeves keep you cool in the heat, but they also spice up outfits by giving off a super cool ’70s vibe.
With all of that said, summer is only a few short months. Therefore, you have to live up these five summer trends while they last. Who knows if these trends will be back next year, so why not break out of your shell and give a couple or all of them a try!
Which of these five must have trends will YOU be rocking this summer? Let me know in the comments below!