Sure, according to our social media feed, it seems like all our friends/random acquaintances are spending their winter breaks jetting off to distant locations, getting a head start on their 2016 resolutions and/or taking obnoxious, I mean awesome, photos with their BFs/GFs.
But let’s be honest folks—social media life and real life are not exactly the same thing. So instead of being jealous or wondering if you are not making the most of your break, we decided to shed some light on the six ways college students are really spending their winter break.
Feel free to resume your Netflix and chill session without remorse (after you check out the article, of course).
1. Sleeping until noon (or when their mom wakes them up with breakfast—whichever comes first).
Photo via @annavcoke
2. Doing super clichè winter activities and loving every second of it.
Photo via @itstannerj
3. Catching up with friends over amazing meals/pretending calories don’t count because it’s the holidays.
Photo via @purnachoudhury
4. Going to Target. (Duh.)
Photo via @nicarose
5. Reading, drinking cocktails and/or drinking cocktails while reading.
Photo via @andreafp_
6. Taking a bath while contemplating why you ever thought dorm life was so great and looking up how to register for online courses for spring.
Photo via @alixxstagram