Whether you live across the country from your best friend or you’ve roomed together for the past four years, there’s nothing better than quality time with your ride or die. But with the tediousness of everyday life, it’s easy to get caught up and forget about setting moments aside to appreciate each other’s company. College is a fun time that eventually comes to an end, so always make the most of the free time you have with your friends. Whether you have one more semester or four more years before you graduate, there are still plenty of days left to plan some memory-making adventures together. So with that in mind, we put together a best-friend bucket list for you and your BFF to complete before you’re forced to start adulting. Because what’s more #friendshipgoals than that?
- Attend a matinée movie: Ditch online streaming for the day and head out to the theatre during the afternoon to experience a film the old-fashioned way.
- Have a spa day: Whether that means grabbing your favorite face masks and bathrobes or treating yourselves at an actual day spa in town, you both deserve it.
- Go fruit picking: Hit a local pick-your-own farm and start gathering whatever is in season—whether it’s apples, pumpkins, or strawberries.
- Find a hiking spot: Go outdoors, get active, and take in all that nature has to offer while spending hours bonding with your best friend.
- Take a weekend trip together: Sometimes you need to get off campus or out of town. Book an exciting trip to somewhere new.
- Explore a new city: Pick a city you’ve never visited and spend the day like a local.Hit the best shops and sites the city has to offer.
- Try a new place to eat: Be it for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, it’s always nice to mix things up and break the habit of going to the same restaurants you frequent.
- Test a new type of food: If you’re finding it difficult to break from the norm, challenge (and trust) your BFF to pick out new menu items for you to try at a restaurant that’s menu is outside of your comfort zone.
- Binge-watch a new TV show together: Watching a new series is a great way to relax and bask in some much-needed laziness with your best friend.
- Check out a local museum. Find a history, art, or any other kind of museum, and take the time to explore them for hours together.
- Wander through a botanical garden: If the timing is right, take the adventure outdoors and explore the plants native to your area.You might be surprised by what you learn (and the pictures you take will undoubtedly be Insta-worthy).
- Run a 5K together: Amp up the competition and challenge yourselves to a fun 5K—try a Color Run or a run for a cause that you support. Even if you walk, the experience is sure to bring you closer.
- Go camping: Detach from the chaos of school and head out into the woods (or your parent’s backyard) for a night or two. Bonus challenge:Leave your phones in the car.
- Spend a day doing DIY projects: Let your creativity run wild and decorate your apartments or dorms while making cute gifts for each other’s space.
- Go to a concert: Whether it’s one of your favorite artists or a shared favorite, there’s nothing quite like a concert experience with your best friend.
- Have a picnic: Spend a day putting together your picnic baskets and head to the park. You can even create a playlist of your favorite songs to listen to while you’re out soak up some sunshine.
- Try a new Pinterest recipe: Stay in and spend all of your time trying to perfect those recipes that have been on your shared “Food Goals” Pinterest boards for months.
- Go on a shopping spree: Everyone deserves to treat themselves (and their BFFs) every now and then. Save up your money and buy something special you’ve both always wanted. Every time you use it, you’ll think of each other.
- Go on a road trip: Pack up your car with all the music, audiobooks, and snacks you can find, and then drive across a few state lines.
- Try a new class at the gym: Grab your yoga mats and hit up your local studio to encourage one another to unwind and get in tune with your bodies.
- Host your own book club: Challenge one another to see who can finish a book first. You’ll finally have someone to share all your book feels with.
- Visit an arcade: From laser tag to racing games, challenge yourselves to hit all of the arcades you can find and live out your Stranger Things fantasy.
- Plan a trip to a music festival: Hit up Coachella or a local festival together and create memories (and pictures) that will last a lifetime.
- Volunteer together: Spend some time giving back to the community that brought you together in the first place—whether it’s the local animal shelter or soup kitchen.
- Go on a bike ride: Explore new cities or hiking trails to look at your favorite place from a new perspective.
- Watch the sunrise together: After you’ve spent the entire night binge-watching your favorite movies and nailing those Pinterest recipes, take some time to slow down and appreciate the beauty of nature while having your best friend by your side.
What ideas are topping your best-friend bucket list? Be sure to share them with us in the comments below!
Featured photo by @maddyhaller.