Nadine Johnson & Associates (NJA), a leading NYC public relations firm, is looking for interns for our spring 2017 program. The ideal candidates will have some knowledge of public relations, along with a strong interest in design, architecture, hospitality and fashion/events.
This internship would be perfect for a recent graduate or someone who goes to school near our Chelsea office and is available three or more days per week. While compensation is not provided, we do offer a daily stipend to cover transportation, and/or school credit if applicable to your program. Internships will last approximately 3-4 months (based on school schedules and other commitments). Tasks assigned will contribute to the intern’s development, experience and interest in the field of PR.
- Executing press clips and maintaining press reports
- Providing administrative support including research, clipping and coordination
- Overseeing organization, reading, and capturing of coverage in numerous periodicals
- Using Google Alerts and other tools to track additional coverage
- Learning to pitch and identifying appropriate editorial staff
- Assisting with taking RSVP’s for events
- Assisting with the preparation of event materials such as facebooks and tip sheets
- Assisting account executives with additional organizational tasks as needed
- Research projects for the Social Media team
- Have some experience with (and interest) in public relations
- Have a genuine interest in art, design, architecture, hospitality and/or knowledge of luxury brands
- Have a zeal for reading, learning and news, including an interest in print and online media
- Be a strong writer, good speller, and precise grammarian
- Enjoy doing research and the process of hunting down information
- Be a team player and an effective communicator
- Love dogs! Our office dog Lupo has his own Instagram and provides our staff with endless entertainment
Office dog, friendly environment and the opportunity to work with top tier client from a wide spectrum of industries.
To apply, please email your resume and a short description of yourself/why you’re interested to [email protected].