Calling all digitally-savvy, social media obsessed, NYC-based summer intern candidates! KFD PR is seeking bright, motivated, meticulous, and self-starting digital interns with a strong interest in influencers + social media, plus beauty, lifestyle, and health + wellness, to join our dynamic team for summer 2017!
KFD PR is a boutique public relations firm based in New York City. Our client roster spans across beauty, lifestyle, health + wellness sectors, working with clients such as Michelle Phan, EM Cosmetics, Juice beauty, Onomie, and many more.
KFD PR offers a unique opportunity for interns to gain hands-on experience, practical knowledge, and professional exposure to Digital PR. Our goal is to provide our interns with a valuable, fun experience that can be integrated into future endeavors.
The ideal digital intern is influencer savvy — you know who’s who amongst the fashion, beauty, YouTube, lifestyle sectors, and are continuously trolling YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc. Bonus if you’re on the pulse of upcoming platforms, can spot digital trends/digital consumer behavior. Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work on a multitude of projects at the same time. Candidates need to have strong communication and writing skills, and maintain professionalism with clients, press and coworkers across a variety of circumstances (events, meetings, and daily office environments). Interns will be provided one-on-one mentorship with KFD PR team members and walk away with a robust portfolio of work.
- Scan various blogs, YouTube channels, and social platforms for brand placements + clip confirmed media
- Search + identify influencers engaging with KFD PR brands on social platforms
- Plan + implement social strategy for @kfdpr Instagram account to increase exposure, build following, and maintain a cohesive feed. (Bonus if you have an eye for photography/Photoshop skills to create original content)
- Assemble + execute various strategic seedings for KFD PR brands
- Sharing weekly round-ups of relevant industry news regarding influencers, beauty brands, digital/traditional media, social media, etc.
- Assist with one-off influencer requests
- Maintain and regularly update influencer lists
- Assisting teams in preparation for calls, meetings, activations/events
- All applicants must be available a minimum of 3 days per week (preferred availability is M-Th with option to work summer Fridays remote)
- Preferably an undergraduate or graduate student in the New York area
- School credit is available upon request
- Must be able to work out of our office located in the Financial District
- Have a strong interest in the digital space, especially as it pertains to influencers and social media
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Intrinsically understand how to work fast but efficiently, and with that can easily prioritize a vast to-do list
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and happy! We are a small team and looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is ready to dive into multiple projects at once
- Monthly team workouts
- Monthly team outings
- Unlimited MTA card
- Work from home + summer Fridays (remote four-hour days)
- Work out space with locker room (showers included!)
- Full-service barista bar
- Of course, beauty products
To apply, please email your resume and and a short cover letter to [email protected] + [email protected]
- Cover letter should include some background on your interest in public relations/communications, relevant coursework, prior internship experience (this portion one page max) + answer the following questions:
- YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter — you can only have access to one of these platforms for 30 days, which one do you choose?
- What social media platform do you think is underrated?
- What social media platform do you think is set to explode?
- Who do you follow on social media — give 5 examples
- What are the most-used apps on your phone (excluding major social platforms)?
- What are three .com sites you visit regularly?
- What are your favorite beauty brands (makeup, nails, hair, skincare, tools, etc.)?
- If you spent a day off all digital-related media, what would you do
- List your social media handles