Official Rules for the CollegeFashionista & Bed Bath & Beyond #StudentLifeHappens Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED.
CONTEST is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 or over as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in their same household (whether related or not) of CollegeFashionista LLC (“Sponsor”), Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates and its advertising, promotion or production agencies are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories and Possessions and where prohibited.
By participating, entrants accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE.
The contest begins on or about May 20, 2015 at 09:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on June 19, 2015 at 10:00:00 p.m. EDT.
- HOW TO ENTER:
Entry Requirements: ANY ENTRY DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE OR UNSUITABLE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Entries must be the original work of entrant
- Entries must not been previously published or won a award or prize of any kind
- Entrant may be, but is not required to be, depicted in the Entry photo
- Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contain profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; content that is slanderous or libellous or any other offensive content (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion)
- Entries must not contain material that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
- Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party
- Entries must not include any trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials, other than Sponsor related materials, or advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than Sponsor
- Entries must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person or persons (or their estate) depicted in the Entry
- Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates
- Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation
- WINNER SELECTION.
Entries will be judged by representatives of Sponsor. One Winner from all eligible entries on or about June 22, 2015 (the “Selection Date”). The Winner will be selected among all eligible Entries received to win the grand prize based on the following criteria:
- Style and creativity- 40%
- Relevancy to and incorporation of fall – 30%
- Photo clarity and quality- 30%
- PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING.
Grand Prize (1) – One (1) winner will be selected total to each receive $500 Bed Bath & Beyond ® Gift Card.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS.
Prize must be accepted in its entirety or not at all. Expenses and incidentals not mentioned herein as well as all taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize Winner may receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting the fair market value of the Grand Prize. No prize substitution, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, if advertised prize is unavailable for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value. No prize transfer.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
By accepting prize, except where prohibited by law, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph and/or other indicia of persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. By participating, you indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless CollegeFashionista, LLC, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and its advertising, promotion or production agencies and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, as well as Facebook, Inc., and Instagram, Inc., from any and all liability arising from participating in the Contest, any Contest-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking additional measures as permitted by law so as to protect its rights.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site and/or entries; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail or other electronic transmission on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof (including but not limited to any filtering by Instagram, Inc. or Facebook, Inc.), or for injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any web site or participating in the Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, inaccessible, corrupted, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision.
- FORCE MAJEURE.
If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct the Contest and select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the CollegeFashionista Facebook page.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or CollegeFashionista, LLC, shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of the State of Illinois, County of Lake, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, AND ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or CollegeFashionista, LLC, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or CollegeFashionista, LLC. shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of Illinois.
10. WINNER LIST.
For a list containing the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Contest Date, to: Winner List, CollegeFashionista and Bed Bath & Beyond #StudentLifeHappens 175 Varick, New York, NY 10014
This Promotion is sponsored solely by
1175 Corporate Woods Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 (the “Sponsor”).