Growing up in Chicago, the summers were really limited to three months of warm weather. But that didn’t stop me from embracing summer styles well into the fall. I would rock sandals from March-November. (I am not a total masochist—I let my poor feet have a break during the coldest winter months.)
I couldn’t be happier to find myself in the midst of summer—aka the peak of traditional sandal season. With everything from strappy to metallics to frumpy-chic being on trend, there are styles that are sure to excite just about anyone. Here is a roundup of some of our favorite sandal styles for the season (say that five times fast).
1. Animal print is always on trend. Let out your inner feline with a leopard print pair.
2. Every Fashionista should own a pair of strappy, tan gladiator sandals. Dressed up with a cotton dress or down with a pair of cut-offs, these sandals will be your go-to this season.
3. Geometric cut-outs make a simple pair of black sandals fresh and unique.
4. Take advantage of one of summer’s hottest trends by wearing a pair of bright, white heeled sandals.
5. Add a bit of sparkle to an everyday ensemble by rocking a pair of metallic banded sandals.
6. Fashionistos—don’t be afraid to get a little adventurous with your footwear. Rock a strappy sandal in black leather for a masculine take on the trend.
7. Perhaps my favorite sandal is the Birkenstock. Part frumpy, part fashion, part retro-hippie, the Birkenstock is my go-to sandal of choice this summer.
What are your favorite summer sandals? Let us know on social media with the hashtag #collegefashionista!