The transitional time between seasons is kind of like Mother Nature going through an awkward middle school phase. As fall begins approaching, you start growing out of your favorite summer trends, and the only option to avoid emptying your wallet is to mix things together and hope for the best. While you fortunately don’t have to deal with braces and bad hair again (moments I think we all would like to forget), this can still be a weird time for any Fashionista’s wardrobe.
Instead of letting this issue throw off your style groove, combat it in full fashion-forward force. By slowly incorporating different seasonal items them together, you will remain trendy and the transition will be seamless! What better way to start than with the combination of two pieces in every Fashionista’s vocabulary—dresses and boots.
- The biggest seasonal jump hits when entering your incredibly air conditioned classrooms. Along with this Fashionista’s booties, she knows that a jacket is a much needed additional layer.
- With layered patterns being a popular trend, a simple set of black combat boots and a bag to match are the perfect finishing touch for this look.
- While standing out on campus will be easy in a dress this bright, stepping out in a pair of lace-up combat boots will really give the student body a reason to stare!
- If you’re trying to take your sundress and boots combo to the next level, why not start with the socks? Not only do knee socks look adorable with a shorter dress hem, but your ankles will thank you while you’re breaking in new booties.
- Studded booties partnered with a boho-chic dress are the perfect way to top off this edgy ensemble.
How are you giving your summer dresses the boot? Show us on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista.