The sneaker trend is in full effect this spring. To be honest, my feet as well as my inner Sporty Spice have never been happier. Sneakers are the new stilettos, as they can be worn with everything from leggings to denim cut-offs to even dresses.
The sportswear look is a favorite amongst Fashionistas and Fashionistos alike. With so many stylish students rocking sneakers on campus, it is important to stand out from the crowd with your unique kicks. Here are five ways we love to make your sneakers something special.
1. Go for a bold color to really pop against a more neutral outfit. Our color of choice? Red.
2. Try dressing up your Converses with socks for a girly meets grunge ’90s look.
3. Shoelaces are a quick, easy and super affordable way to personalize your footwear. Try being different and wearing different color laces on each shoe.
4. The number one rule of being a Fashionista/o—go all out. The Nike Air Max is a bold, super sporty sneaker that is a must-have for us at the moment.
5. Spring and summer is the perfect time to incorporate pattern into your wardrobe. A pair of patterned sneakers is a simple way to make any look fabulous and fun.
How are you making your sneakers standout? Be sure to show us by using the hashtag #collegefashionista!