Now that school is out and you have enjoyed a few weeks of relaxation, it is time to put your summer to good use. You aced the interview, you secured the perfect internship and now there is one final hurdle to get over—dressing the part.
Don’t fret, Fashionistas/os. CollegeFashionista has you covered with plenty of internship-approved looks that are sure to make a great first impression.
- A midi dress, sweater and scarf is office-appropriate in just about any environment.
- If you are working in a more creative environment, be sure that your look is equally innovative by opting for a bold stripe.
- Calling all future stylists—be sure to show off your personal styling skills in your own look with special details—like a graphic T-shirt or by wearing two jackets.
- If you are clerking at a law firm, don’t think your only options are a suit and tie. A feminine blouse and tailored black pants are a sleek and professional combo.
- Make a casual dress and boots internship ready with a simple upgrade of your jewelry.
- A black dress and trench is a classic combo. Bonus—ditch the trench for drinks with your new intern friends after work.
- Just because you are stuck in an office all day doesn’t mean you have to totally forget about the nice weather outside. A floral dress with cap sleeves brings a bit of the nice weather inside.
- Interning at a start-up requires three things—intelligence, drive and a pair of statement glasses.
- The color gray is a great way to infuse some color into your wardrobe without risking being the topic of discussion at the water cooler.
- When it doubt, a pair of tailored jeans and a statement jacket go a long way and are sure to impress.
- Khaki jeggings make the traditionally formal and unflattering “work pants” suddenly fashion forward and fresh.
- Don’t forget the perfect work bag. A black satchel is a must-have and will look great with your entire internship wardrobe this summer.
- Even the fellas need a great man bag for work. A caramel colored cross-body bag is masculine while still getting the job done.
What is your internship style? Be sure to show us on social media by using the hashtag #collegefashionista!