Happy Valentine’s Day my fellow Fashionistas! It’s officially that time of year again—when heart-shaped candy fills the aisles of convenience stores; reds and pinks are seen in every shop window; and roses are more just something that Sean hands out to hopeful women on weekly episodes of The Bachelor (although I must admit, those are the roses that I am most concerned with).
My relationship with Valentine’s Day is an interesting one. I love flowers, hearts and anything pink; but I also don’t believe that we need a holiday as a reminder to express our love for the people in our lives. Whether or not you have a “special someone” in your life this year, Fashionistas, there is no need to worry. We can all celebrate the love that we do have in our lives: the love for the relationships that we have with our family and friends, for milestones, new experiences and old memories. That is how I will be spending this Valentine’s Day — or as I like to call it, “Gal-entines Day.”
My pink J.Crew toothpick jeans will be perfect for a night spent cooking dinner with friends, toasting to our final semester of college and celebrating the holiday devoted to love and relationships. I’ve paired the jeans with an eyelet tank, my black Tory Burch flats and a plethora of gold accessories. This look is classic with a pop of feminine fun, which is definitely my go-to style!
These are five things that I am currently in love with (if you can’t tell from my picks, I’ve got some serious spring fever!):
- Jack Rogers Vachetta Neon Navajo: Jack Rogers are my go-to sandals, and—once the weather is warm enough—are virtually the only shoes that will be spotted on my feet. My favorite color combo is Vachetta / Hibiscus – they are even featured in the Jack Rogers “Valentine’s Picks!” Love.
- Lilly Pulitzer dresses: Lilly dresses just scream “springtime!” With Carolina Cup just around the corner, I’m perusing the website daily for the perfect Cup dress. A top contender at the moment is the Delia dress. Love.
- Alex and Ani Bangles: Over the past few years I have been collecting stacks of Alex and Ani bagles. These eco-friendly, positive energy bangles each have a different meaning, which is symbolized in the form of a charm. Wear them individually, stack them or mix-and-match them with other jewelry for some seriously charmed arms. Love the concept; love the look. Love.
- Smashbox O-Gloss: Seriously, this is the best lip gloss I’ve ever used. It is intuitive, so it registers with your skin tone and turns a shade of pink that pairs perfectly with your skin. Get that perfect pink pout for Valentine’s Day! Love.
- The J.Crew Spring 2013 Look Book: So many colors! So many prints! From the skirts to the cropped pants to that beautiful blue maxi, I am…so in LOVE.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!