At The Ohio State University, we know a thing or two about sports. After an incredible football season in which we went undefeated and securing a spot in both the “Sweet Sixteen” and “Elite Eight,” school spirit is at an all time high! With that being said, sporting Ohio State wear is a must! Whether you’re actually attending a game, or you’re simply watching it with friends, if you’re a true Buckeye you better be rockin’ that Scarlett and Gray. However, I’m not one to throw on a T-shirt and call it a day; who says school spirit can’t be fashionable?!
Although all 50,000 students are decked out in the same colors, that doesn’t mean you can’t stand out in the crowd! Although we’re all guilty of tossing on a sweatshirt for a game and calling it a day, I like to take my spirit wear a little more seriously. Not to mention I enjoy the challenge of making a regular old T-shirt stylish. I accomplished my standout spirit wear look by pairing my vintage cropped Ohio State tee with black high-waisted jeans and an ombre denim vest. Tying it together with gray boot socks and black combat boots, I finished off the outfit by substituting a bright red ribbon as a belt! I must admit, I also love to throw a big bow in my hair on game days just for another pop of color! Plus, I hear that Aaron Craft has a thing for girls wearing bows… so there’s that. Okay, I made that up, but it’s possible… right?
Aside from our incredibly talented and good-looking basketball team, here are the top five things I love most about The Ohio State University.
- High Street: No matter what you want to eat or what you want to do, I guarantee High Street will have it. It’s incredible for both your shopping and stomach needs, though it can be pretty hard on the wallet.
- Football Games: There is nothing better, I repeat, NOTHING better than an Ohio State football game at home. Especially if we’re against Michigan.
- The PAD: ”Pizza and Delivery” that you can pay for with your meal plan. Therefore… it’s essentially free. You don’t have to leave your room or pay/tip, can you say awesome?
- Kappa Alpha Theta: Obviously they’re the greatest and the hottest sorority on campus. Duh. TLAM!
- Gordon Gee: What other University president is famous for rocking a brand new bow tie every single day? Gordon Gee is definitely an Ohio State Fashionisto. Not to mention he makes regular appearances at parties just to hang out. What a guy!