And just like that, we’re in the final four! Prior to transferring to Syracuse University this past spring, I knew only to a certain capacity what it truly meant to have school pride. Being a cheerleader my entire life, I understood the concept that a talented team makes for some pretty loud and amazing fans. You win a lot of games, you receive the attention. But until stepping into the Carrier Dome, blinded by a sea of orange and literally shaken from the ground up in chaotic roar, will one ever fully understand, the insane love and energy that embodies a ‘Cuse fan. There truly is no fan, like a Syracuse fan. It took me a whole five minutes upon arriving to the chilly hill, to acknowledge that I was in for one memorable ride.
For me personally, game day apparel is not just about a class shirt to throw on in the Loud House. But how I can style that ‘Cuse gear to transition seamlessly from a day game, directly to the night time festivities. Being that this is the first time I am actually able to wear classic collegiate wear, and not in a uniform on the sideline, I admit to having a bit too much fun perusing the bookstore and vintage shops for unique finds. There are so many different directions you can take spirit apparel, it just has to follow suit what you’re comfortable in. And whether that is head-to-toe body paint and a foam finger, or a simple hat, we’re all rooting for the same team. I paired a blue ‘Cuse tank with a clean Equipment Blouse tied up at the bottom to keep it casual. Adding some west coast flair, a coated pair of DL1961 ombre denim, while staying feminine in orange Reva Tory Burch flats. This is casual enough for a daytime get together on the lawn, celebrating what amazing fans we are, yet throw on a cropped leather jacket and your ready for Aromory Square downtown.
Looking for an Otto the Orange worthy outfit in a time crunch? Go simple, and add accessories! A denim and casual cream knit would look adorable with a navy boho headband or even a chunky cobalt blue necklace. Or, grab one of the trillion Otto class shirts you have, jump on YouTube and snip to custom perfection.
Besides our amazing teams on campus, here are five other things that make our campus one of a kind.
- Marshall Street: Tucked right into the bottom of campus, the perfect collection of restaurants, shops, and bars all at the convenience of a short stroll down Walnut.
- “The Loud House”: Its obvious that the Dome is a prized possession, attend one game in the student section and you’ll have a better concept of where the name comes from.
- Otto: Our mascot is an orange sphere and still the coolest around. BOOM.
- “Hogwarts”: Crouse College, more frequently called Hogwarts on campus, is just as awesome to look at as it is to sled down on cafeteria trays.
- Sunny days: Its pretty simple, splash a little good weather onto this snowy campus and the streets will be filled with porch parties, football games on the lawn and a very appreciative student body. Never will you meet a student more thankful for sunlight, than a ‘Cuse student fresh out of winter.