We are in the thick of March Madness. While usually the only time I associate the words “brackets” and “Sweet Sixteen” is with my awkward high school days, the basketball tournament has really brought out a new side of me.
Amy and I are both Indiana University alum. As IU grads, we were obsessed with watching our number one seed Hoosiers. Prior to this year, I’ve never been a big college sports fan. While an undergrad, I attended more fraternity formals then I did Hoosier sporting events. Yet, while watching the Temple-Indiana game, my heart was beating faster then it does when the Net-A-Porter biannual sale goes live. And even though we fell short in the tournament, doesn’t mean I don’t still bleed crimson and cream.
But don’t get us wrong. While our newfound obsession with sports is fun and all, we haven’t let it sacrifice my personal style. I mean, the only person we want to be outshined by is Oladipo. Amy showed Hoosier pride with an oversized Indiana tank. To add a bit of rock ‘n’ roll glam, she paired her tank with a leather jacket, worn-in denim and her signature sunnies.
Style Gurus from all over have caught the March Madness fever. Like us, they were able to balance style and spirit. Check out our exclusive features from Style Gurus attending schools that were in the Sweet Sixteen in the tournament. See how they rocked school spirit while staying on trend.
Besides the basketball team, here are five things I love (and miss) about Indiana University:
- Kirkwood Ave: There is nothing better then a spring day of brunching, shopping and gossiping on Kirkwood.
- Pizza Express: I am not a big pizza person. But when you mix late nights with a little pizza, ranch and breadsticks from Pizza Express, you get the portrait of true bliss.
- The Sample Gates: Every campus has their quintessential place on campus that becomes almost iconic of the college or university. For Indiana University, it is the picturesque Sample Gates.
- Little 500: If you have never experienced what has been deemed the “The Greatest College Weekend,” you haven’t lived.
- Vintage Shopping: Bloomington has some of the best vintage shopping I have yet to discover. Between the Bloomington Antique Mall, Vintage Warehouse and Cactus Flower, I have found some of the best jewelry, T-shirts and dresses I still have in my rotation at IU.