This was definitely one of the craziest March Madness seasons I’ve ever seen. Brackets were going down one after another with all the wild upsets and games that left you out of breath. Nothing could bring me to tears faster than seeing my Hoosiers go down in the Sweet Sixteen, but the rest of the tournament has been more than enjoyable to watch. I find myself getting so emotionally invested in these games. I am so ready to get to the Final Four and see the final outcome.
I was born and raised a Hoosier girl. From birth I never really had another choice on Indiana schools, it was either Indiana or nothing! In our house Purdue and Kentucky are cuss words and the only sport that matters is basketball.
I came to Indiana at the perfect time. Tom Crean had rebuilt Indiana’s basketball program and it was expected to be a great season. I got to be a part of this amazing comeback and witness games like the Kentucky upset that turned Assembly Hall into absolute chaos!
Along with making sure I attend all the games in my season ticket group I always have to rock some sort of IU gear in the stands. I usually try to shy away from the typical T-shirt and jeans look that you see at most sporting events. I am shown here wearing a Cody Zeller jersey with a light chambray button-down from American Eagle over top of it. My lower half consists of thick black leggings from LOFT and high-top red, white and blue Converse sneakers. I think my outfit is a perfect example of looking cute but sporty at the same time.
Besides Indiana basketball, here are five things I love about Indiana University:
- Kirkwood Ave: Nothing makes for a better Saturday afternoon then spending the day shopping and eating on Kirkwood with your girlfriends.
- Little 500: Better known as “The Greatest College Week(end),” little 5 is the one week during school where professors are expecting no attendance and the party never ends.
- Football Tailgates: Were probably one of the few schools that has so much fun at the tailgate, people forget to go to the actual football game.
- Shopping Boutiques: Bloomington has some of the cutest shopping places. You’re guaranteed to find something you won’t find anywhere else.
- Pizza X: Nothing goes down better than Pizza X after a night out. Pepperoni pizza, breadsticks with nacho cheese dipping sauce and a cold Coke=perfection.