This week marks the first official week of fall. Now, I am not sure about all of you Fashionistas/os, but here in Boston we are definitely feeling the nippy fall weather coming out to play.
With fall weather comes an assortment of jackets, scarves and boots and, dare I say it, all black everything. If you are like me, and are trying to stray away from always buying black, we need some innovative ideas of how to wear black (because lets face it, black is here to stay) but adding something colorfully fun to brighten up the cool fall days.
One print I would have never guessed to transcend into fall fashion so well is tie-dye. That is the reason this Fashionisto stood out to me. He was wearing a tie-dye sweater to literally die for. I wanted to rip it off of him and put it on. I think it is valid to say that 45 percent of my ridiculously strong urge to take the sweater as my own was because I was freezing cold, and the remaining 55 percent was because I needed that sweater in my closet. However, I resisted the urge, took his picture and continued my day in the freezing cold.
This Fashionisto took a print as summery as tie-dye and turned it into something perfectly acceptable for the fall. Pairing it with a pair of army green cuffed chinos, black oxfords and a camel leather messenger bag he gave his look the essential aura of fall fashion to complement the brightness of the sweater. The finishing touch? A pair of aviator sunglasses to protect his eyes from the last bright rays of sun.
Hint: If you want some tie-dye to die for, try a sweater or shirt that has tie-dye constrained to one section. This way it is more subtle.