First semester of my second year is now officially over, and the holiday season can commence! This past semester I have spent countless sleepless nights working on design projects, costume history essays and presentations. Now I am ready to relax by the fire and take a break from school. Toronto and Ryerson’s School of Fashion have proven to be as fast-paced and crazy as I had expected.
As much as I love the city life, I cannot wait to fly home for a one-month break to see my family and my high school friends. Plans include going to my staff Christmas party, endless hot tubs, a girls weekend up at the ski hill and Christmas celebrations with my family.
While home I plan to cozy up with layers. Chunky knit sweaters will be my best friends, paired with coated black jeggings, an oversized coat and a cute pair of leather ankle boots. I plan to keep accessories simple, maybe a gold vintage ring on one finger or a small gold locket around my neck. I’ll definitely opt for delicate jewelry and keep the chunky statement necklaces at my apartment in Toronto.
Check out my Guru Gift Guide this holiday season; maybe it can give you a few ideas!
- My mum just recently bought herself an LED nail light, so I’ll add some cute shellac nail colors to her collection and add in a few other DIY manicure items.
- My dad loves bird watching and bird feeders, so this funky feeder would be right up his alley.
- A cute cross body purse and a set of stacking rings are great for my sister. She loves trendy accessories, and I think she’ll enjoy wearing these items.
- My boyfriend is a giant nerd. He has so many interests and as a journalism student I figure he’ll love this ball microphone for his interviews as well as this iPhone case with fun Instagram photos of us!
- Keeping it inexpensive and creative, I’ll make some Bailey’s and cocoa gift sets for my friends, inspired by this blog.
- My roommate loves candles and anything scented, so as a present to the both of us I’ve gotten a few delicious smelling candles.
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!