That’s how you say Merry Christmas in the Czech Republic, the place I have spent the last four months of my college experience. When I say that Prague knows how to celebrate the holiday season, I mean it! You cannot walk two blocks without running into a glittering Christmas tree or a collection of beautiful pop-up gift shops lining the street.
I’m leaving this beautiful place on Friday to return to all the familiar celebrations and Christmas warmth that surround me and my family at home in Rhode Island. Christmas Eve is our main event, and I plan on wearing a sleeveless sage green romper belted with a suede belt that has chrome chains dangling from the belt loops. I’m excited to have an edgier, more stylish take on the classic Christmas kelly green. To stay toasty, I’ll be wearing black tights and little booties with buckles. A long, cozy brown wool sweater will cover me up for midnight mass. And I cannot forget to pay homage to my hometown by decorating my arm with mixed metal Alex and Ani bracelets. This company, now global, had its beginnings in our little state!
I’ll be bringing back plenty of authentic Czech presents for family and friends, but I’ll be doing some last-minute shopping in the states as well. Czech out my Guru Gift Guide:
- My mom has been my style inspiration since I was a little girl in bows and pearls. This coffee table book will be a perfect thank you.
- My cousin came to visit me in Europe last week. This artsy ring will confirm we’ll find each other no matter where in the world we may roam.
- Being polished is lovely, but it’s a shame if you don’t add a little sugar and spice. This sparkly duo is perfect for my nail-art obsessed best friend.
- My brother will be entering the working world very soon. I think this sleek Lacoste wallet will give him a stylish adult upgrade.
- It’s nice to treat yourself from time to time too! I’d go for this great Kate Spade makeup bag with a message to remind me to continue taking chances and traveling to new places.
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!