Every year my family and I celebrate Christmas Eve at my cousins’ house, and every year I end up wearing some variation of a little black dress. But this year I thought I’d deviate from my normal routine and try out some winter whites for the holidays. I’ll be wearing this ivory shift dress from Anthropologie by Moulinette Soeurs. The body of the shift is made of beautiful ivory tweed, with black stretch cotton sleeves and a leather detail at the shoulder and the pocket trim. The leather detailing adds a little edge to this classic Chanel-esque piece, which I love!
I paired this dress with my beige stadium-cloth cocoon coat from J.Crew to keep warm. Booties are the perfect shoe for a shift dress in the winter, and luckily these new booties that I found at Target match the black leather and gold hardware from my favorite structured basketweave bag perfectly! I’ll definitely be rocking these pieces for the holidays. I topped off my look with garnet red nail polish and a pair of flashy pearl earrings for some added fun.
While treating myself to a beautiful holiday outfit is a lot of fun, I enjoy wrapping gifts and giving them to others even more. This year I’ll be giving out my presents wrapped up in brown kraft paper and adorned with red and green ornaments tied on with twine for a rustic holiday look.
Check out my Guru Gift Guide for some gifts that I’ll be giving this season:
- My mom could use a new wallet so that she can finally clean out her old one and get organized. For Christmas, I think I’ll go with one of my favorite brands and give her the gift of a Comme des Garçons checkbook wallet.
- We have a yellow labrador in my family that everyone loves, so for Christmas I’ll be getting my father the Yellow Lab Tie from Vineyard Vines that can remind him of our dog, Harry, while he’s at work.
- One of my roommates is obsessed with nail polish, so I’ll be getting her a funky-colored bottle of Marc Jacobs nail glaze from his new beauty line to add to her collection, and I might throw in a little manicure kit to go with it.
- My older brother is a fashion maven who would love an awesome coffee table book for his apartment – I think that this Tom Ford book would be best.
- If you’re heading to a holiday party that isn’t at your own home, it’s always a nice gesture to bring a gift for the host. A Diptyque candle set from the holiday line would be the perfect gift for this occasion.
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!