After returning back to school from Thanksgiving and being inundated with last minute projects and tests, I am so excited for this long holiday reprieve. This is usually when I have time to go gallivanting across Houston with my best friend in search of Korean tacos, read everything on my reading list (seriously, so stoked about this one) and visit with my family. Since it’s been pretty chilly in Texas, I cannot wait to wear my latest collection of J. Crew peter-pan collars, oxblood skater skirt and H&M coat. Of course, my outfits would not be complete without a pair of Engineer 8R Frye Boots and classic Dr. Martens. I literally cannot go anywhere without wearing these clunky yet extremely comfortable combat boots.
While planning my wardrobe is always fun, I had to figure out what my closest friends and family wanted too.
Check out my Guru Gift Guide for this holiday season:
- I plan on giving my dad some kind of Bob Dylan paraphernalia, as well as a new pair of socks since he is very meticulous about his collection and making sure they all match.
- For my mom, I’ll be treating her to a nice pair of Kendra Scott earrings.
- For my partner-in-crime twin sister, I’ll be getting her your average, everyday pair of Louboutins. Just kidding. I’ll be giving her a more affordable but still trendy pair of Jeffrey Campbells that she’s had her eye on for awhile.
- For my best friend, I will be making her a mixed CD playlist featuring her favorite artists along with giving her some cool trinkets from Urban Outfitters.
- As for me, I’ll be treating myself to a new peter-pan collar shirt to add to my growing Wednesday Addams-esque collection!
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!