This holiday season, I will only be traveling about a half hour outside of Bloomington to reach my parents’ home. I look forward to my dad’s amazing cooking, cozying up next to the fire with my cat and watching holiday classics with my parents on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day my parents and I will head over to a relative’s house for a big lunch and a relaxing evening of gift giving and board games. I plan to keep my look fairly casual for the holidays in order to accommodate my inevitable over-eating and lounging on couches (my family’s Christmas is basically like a second Thanksgiving feast). I look forward to wearing my comfiest pair of fleece-lined black leggings with this soft, fuzzy pink sweater I got recently. With black suede booties and a sparkly statement necklace, I’ll be ready for the holiday photo-ops as well.
Despite my excitement over holiday fashion, I am most excited about giving some meaningful gifts this year. This past semester I have become increasingly aware of the importance of conscious consumerism and the positive impacts of buying fair trade products.
Check out my Guru Gift Guide for this holiday season:
- I found these amazing soaps at a fair trade sale on campus and loved them so much that I bought the Gardener’s Soap for my mom, Chef’s Soap for my dad and Melon Soap for my sister-in-law.
- These Organic Chocolate Holiday Minis from Equal Exchange make the tastiest stocking stuffers. Mom especially will appreciate these since she’s a chocoholic like me!
- My boyfriend has developed some impressive facial hair and this organic 3-Piece Grooming Set from Greenheart Shop will make a nice eco-friendly gift.
- I live with three good friends and this Hope Sage Peace Cord makes a great friendship bracelet that they can wear with any outfit.
- I can’t resist this Ikat Polka Dot Weekender Bag from Rising Tide Fair Trade, so it’s definitely going on my own wish list this holiday season!
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!