This holiday season I will be traveling around between my hometown of Princeton, New Jersey and the fabulous New York City, making a week and a half pit stop in Marco Island, Florida for a nice getaway. Our holidays are always hectic due to my brother’s basketball schedule and my itch to always be doing something fun. However, the best part is that we all get to be together and for the first time in years, we’re having a traditional Christmas Eve dinner with just our family, which obviously gives me the perfect excuse to dress up! I’ve been obsessing over velvet. It’s the perfect texture to keep you warm but trendy, because that is an absolute must for this season. For our fabulous Christmas Eve feast, I’ll be wearing a gorgeous black velvet dress with three-quarter sleeves for that extra warmth and a pair of statement earrings to spice things up. With a red lip to get in the holiday spirit and a sparkly clutch because that’s an unwritten must of the season, I’ll be ready to go in my chic festive look.
The holidays are my favorite time of year because it gives me the opportunity to do something I love for the people I love—shop! After hours spent on my laptop for Cyber Monday deals from ASOS, Urban Outfitters and the works, I’ve come up with the perfect gifts for each of my loving, caring and slightly crazy family members. I always love getting something different that they may not treat themselves with, which usually gets me in trouble because I go a little overboard—but what’s the holidays without a little family feuding?
Need some ideas on what to get your loved ones? Check out my Guru Gift Guide:
- My brother, like every 16-year-old, is pretty hard to please, so I had to think hard on this one! I like being one-of-a-kind and creative, so I hooked him up with two Justin Timberlake concert tickets. One is for me, obviously!
- My mom is a toughie because she never asks for anything, but she also enjoys well-thought out gifts with love behind them. I resorted to Brian Andreas “Story People” sculptures. They send a loving message and make fab home décor.
- My dad shakes the box before you give him his gift to try to figure out what it is, so there goes anything fragile. He just got a new job, so this iHome will give some nice ambiance in his new office.
- My best friend is easy to shop for. If she weren’t, we probably wouldn’t be best friends. I went with this super festive velvet smock dress from ASOS.
- And what are the holidays without gifts for me? I treated myself with these amazing sequined leggings from ASOS, perfect for my New Years Eve look!
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!