For anyone who goes to a football-oriented school, we all know that Saturday mornings are devoted to football games. The thrill of a united student body that loves to show off their pride is a very special feeling. Being a Buckeye is something I am grateful for every day, from tailgates to The Best Damn Band in the Land. OH!
Normally, waking up in the early morning for a college student is a big struggle. But when the time comes for getting up early to tailgate for a game, there’s nothing else I would rather do. For me, dressing up for game day is something I look forward to every Saturday. I like to stand out from the crowd wearing something you don’t expect to see. A few weekends ago, I wore a red tutu that I found at a cute vintage store in Columbus. I also have a habit of cutting the ends of my shirts with long dangly strings. Sometimes I put red and gray beads at the end of the strings to make the shirt my own personal fashion. Wearing sweatshirts during cold tailgates is the best. One of my favorite things that I own is my long sleeved OSU striped rugby sweatshirt. It’s oversized with red and gray stripes and a white collar. It’s super comfortable and looks very trendy with dark ripped jeans or leather pants with combat boots. Since it’s still warm here in Ohio, I chose to wear my red sequined skirt, which is an absolute favorite of mine! It adds a little spice to my outfit. I put my gray Ohio State shirt on and chose my favorite football helmet necklace. It looks good with almost any outfit for game day! My beaded red, gray, white and black bracelets bring the outfit together, incorporating every color that I’m wearing. Being comfortable is a must, so I put on my Supergas with high-kneed socks. Wearing Rebecca Minkoff cross-body bags during game day adds more style to any look!
With a trendy outfit representing all my Buckeyes, I’m always ready to have some fun on Game Day!
Here are my five tips for tailgating:
- Being a Buckeye means you must show your pride for Ohio State, so accessories are a must! Having a cute Brutus hat or a long buckeye necklace is key to any tailgate outfit.
- It is always important to make sure you eat before attending a tailgate. With that being said, my friends and I have started a tradition that we always meet up before and grab bagels to make sure were ready for the day!
- I have learned that having a fanny pack or a cross-body bag is the perfect way to hold all your belongings during game day. Marc by Marc Jacobs and Rebecca Minkoff cross-body bags have become a trend on campus.
- If the weather is warm, putting your hair up in a cute ponytail or a colored bow can save you from experiencing frizzy hair!
- As you can tell, red and gray are the colors representing Ohio State. A touch of red lipstick can add a pop of color to any game day out.
Have a great game day look or tip for tailgating? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!