Whether or not you consider yourself a diehard football fan, you simply cannot escape it as a college student. Local stores will never forfeit the opportunity to rock your school colors in just about anything, bombard shoppers with extravagant fixtures selling game day accessories and finally at checkout present you with a student discount, which I can’t complain about. Now this is just something that comes with the environment, especially on game days. On those legendary Saturday afternoons you can hear the hum of tailgates lining the streets and everyone’s feeling the school spirit. So even if you’re not always in the stands at those games, sometimes you just can’t fight the natural instinct to want to celebrate your school.
I was so very lucky to get to spend that game day under a clear sky, so I wasn’t about to wear just any other university T-shirt. I opted for a loose, white Florida State University jersey that I altered a bit into a tank, silk gold Zara pants and my dear black, high-top converse. Trying to dress nicely for a game is tough, but it’s the perfect way to bust out your on trend sportswear-inspired looks, so this FSU tee was the perfect way to put my own twist on the recent jersey hype. Although these pants are a tricky trend, I’ve been anticipating the right time and I think it’s worth a try. Their unique style is bringing a beige gold into the mix, and they’re positively a key piece in this ensemble with their individuality alone. Finally, the right shoes are crucial on these days, and I elected black high-top Converse to tone down the wild pants – they go with anything!
Once the look is ready to go, it’s time to make sure that tailgating is done right.
Here are my five tips for tailgating:
- First and foremost, absolutely have the best food and drinks. You can’t let anyone surpass you on your food game, so make sure to have drink favorites, awesome snacks and veggie burgers or hot dogs.
- Consider the weather when you’re picking out your outfit; don’t let the rain get you down and don’t let a scorching hot day get the best of you.
- Have everyone’s favorite tailgate games set up so the festivities can start and there’s not a dull moment.
- Good music shouldn’t even be a question. The music sets up the whole vibe! Make sure you’ve got something fun playing at all times.
- Don’t forget your school spirit. After all this partying there’s going to be a game; decorate like crazy and remember to represent!
Have a great game day look or tip for tailgating? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!