I woke up one August morning to hear my mom on the phone excitedly saying that my dad had agreed for our family to get a dog. I jumped out of bed and ran into her room and with a huge smile on my face asking, “We’re really getting a dog?!” My mom just smiled and nodded her head. My two older sisters and my mom went to the airport to pick up the newest addition to our family later that afternoon. When they sent me a picture of our new puppy with the name Henry underneath, I couldn’t be more excited to get home to meet him. My sister had named him Henry because he seemed like he needed a regal name. Now at four years old, I love him more and more everyday.
Henry is very easygoing. All he needs is a long walk and some cuddle time, and he’s a happy dog. His low-maintenance attitude matches my style. I like looking great, but I like to be comfortable and hate taking too much time to get ready. Thankfully, Henry matches with everything and anything because he’s just so darn cute. Right now, I love my colored jeans, booties and a patterned sweater or scarf, or both!
My dog is the best dog for so many reasons, but here are some of my favorite things about Henry:
- I mean, look at him. He’s a real life teddy bear!
- He never fails to disappoint with cuteness on Halloween. He has been a bumblebee, Where’s Waldo and most recently, a Wooly Mammoth.
- Henry loves to perch himself on the top of our couches like a cat would. You can always find him in the same spots.
- Watch out for your socks! He cracks me up when I find socks out in our backyard or cuddled up next to Henry on the couch.
- Henry absolutely loves the beach, so it’s fun to take a ball and get some sun in with the cutest dog around.
Do you have a fashionable pet? Share a photo on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!