People come and go in your life as you grow older. Sure, you may have some childhood friends that you remain in contact with, but looking back now, I remember my family and pet remaining constant in my memories throughout my younger years. I have been riding horses since I was nine years old, and one day after a lesson, I noticed a pen with newborn puppies. I don’t know any girl that can walk away from a pen full of puppies, so I went over to check the little ones out. I am a sucker for the underdog (literally, in this case) and Blossom was the one who was much smaller than the others and curled up in the corner. She seemed very timid at first, but then she warmed up and was the most playful little pup with the sweetest face. After having her a few years, she has become the best dog. She likes to show off her tricks and knows how to be cute to get what she wants– food.
Blossom is a low maintenance dog, but even she has a little sass like her owner. She can work a pair of sunglasses maybe better than some people. Blossom also knows the true meaning of self-control. You can place a treat on her nose, and she will not drop it until you give her the okay to eat it. Being such a precious pup, people usually stop to pet her on our walks, so I have to be on my style A-game, because you never know who you may run into. I can usually walk her in my class attire that consists of textured leggings, blousey tunics, bold accessories and boots.
My list about how great my pooch is could go on and on, but here are a few of my favorites:
- She has perfected the art of begging by using a trick she learned of sitting up on her back paws. It is so cute that it is hard not to give in to her.
- She will wear sunglasses, as I mentioned above. What dog lets you put sunglasses on them?
- Blossom likes to strut her stuff when we walk by adding a little waddle and flaunting her fluff ball of a tail.
- Her tongue hangs sideways out of her mouth. How cute!
- She is the best cuddle buddy with fur that feels Heaven sent.
Do you have a fashionable pet? Share a photo on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!