As someone with a constant sweet tooth, I knew the cleaning up my eating would include ditching my go-to gummy bears and licorice. But a world without sweets is not a world I would like to be a part of.
Luckily, Lily of “clean food dirty city” has crafted a recipe that combines both redeeming nutritional value and everyone’s favorite word: chocolate. Even better, this delicious and nutritious meal is an easy breakfast you can prepare the night before and grab as you head out the door to class or your internship in the morning.
Chocolate Breakfast Pudding
- One cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Half a cup gluten free rolled oats
- Two tablespoons chia seeds
- One banana, mashed
- One tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Agave or honey to taste (one teaspoon-tablespoon)
1. Combine the gluten free rolled oats, chia seeds, banana, cacao powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add a squeeze of honey or agave nectar to taste.
2. Mix well and stick in the fridge to soak for a few hours or overnight. The mixture will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
3. Top with fruit, seeds, superfoods or anything you have on hand.