There is something about basic crisp T-shirts that never seems to get old. Having them in classic tones of black and white just complete my list of staple wardrobe must-haves. I believe that whenever your mind is too worked up to sit and choose the day’s outfit, you must rely on basics. They are like style soul mates for me.
When I choose to go shopping to MANGO, bebe or even Roxy, I tend to be selective, as the collection may or may not appeal to me every time. But their signature basics are always eye-catching. That’s the whole art and science of their silhouette— basics have a great fit and feel all the time.
CollegeFashionista has asked me to take part in their “White T-shirt Challenge.” The task? Transform a simple white T-shirt into a look that is completely in line with my personal style.
Clean, colored and classy. These three C’s describe my personal style perfectly. I would say that my likes vary every season with the on-set of prints, textures and beautiful silhouettes. This simple yet chic approach is the inspiration behind my outfit, which starts with this fabulous MANGO basic, white T-shirt.
Here is how I styled my look:
- Fedora with a leather strap: Cute with a lovely finish. It’s the ultimate SOS for girls this season.
- Chunky Bracelet: I love the beads of this tribal piece.
- Short denim skirt: I’m amazed by the great fit and comfort I achieved while wearing this skirt (which has been a part of my wardrobe for quite sometime).
- Brown leather belt: I love how this rather androgynous piece acts as a perfect divide between the cotton and denim, cinching at my waist.
- Metallic-bling mobile sling: I always feel incomplete without a little metallic or bling in an outfit. These accents speak volumes about my personal style.
- Metallic Wedges: A scintillating silver and jute wedge combination beats out the rest. Nothing would have completed my look better.
How do you rock your favorite white T-shirt? Take the CollegeFashionista “White T-shirt Challenge!” Show us your complete look using the hashtag #collegefashionista!