If I was stranded on a desert island and could only bring three things with me, the decision would be easy: my dog, my iPod and a white T-shirt. Well, I guess I am exaggerating a tad, but without a doubt a white T-shirt is a staple in my wardrobe that I could not live without. So fresh and comfy, it can be incorporated into any type of look; whether it is paired with jeans and Converses for a classic feel or with lace shorts and bright wedges for a summery style.
My personal style is always evolving but I like to stick to the mantra of cute and comfy. My warm weather go-to outfit is a tank or T-shirt with shorts or a skirt, a blazer or cardigan on top and strappy sandals to finish. A true summer girl, this winter has been such a pain in terms of style decisions for me so I am beyond excited to begin dressing for spring and pulling out my white T-shirt! As the weather warms up, this is how I am starting to incorporate my white V-neck T-shirt into my in-between season style:
- Leather leggings: I like to pair these with a white T-shirt because it helps to take some of the edge out of the leather and make them more wearable for everyday.
- Jean jacket: As such a classic piece in a wardrobe, I love how it looks with another classic—the white T-shirt.
- Combat boots: The fresh feel of a white T-shirt is fun to contrast with my chunky black combat boots.
- Stacked bracelets: I love combining bracelets with different colorful beads to create a unique accessory and Alex and Ani are perfect for any outfit in my book!
- Watch necklace: This antique watch pendant is my mother’s that she passed down to me and I love wearing it against the white T-shirt to really show it off.
How do you rock your favorite white T-shirt? Take the CollegeFashionista “White T-shirt Challenge!” Show us your complete look using the hashtag #collegefashionista.