I’m a sucker for anything classic. Classic movies like Breakfast At Tiffany’s, classic songs like “Build Me Up Buttercup” and classic fashion like a solid pair of jeans, or more importantly, a plain white T-shirt.
A white T-shirt is simple. It can be dressed up or down, worn with pants or a skirt and rocked at a party or at school. Like a clean slate, it’s the perfect starting piece to work with when creating an outfit; as just about anything can be built from it, depending on the day, the event or even the mood you are in. It is unquestionably a must-have piece for any college student’s wardrobe.
When it comes to my personal style, I am frequently caught wearing a white T-shirt or something of the like. As adventurous as I am trying to be lately, I still tend not to opt for bold colour or patterns on top. Instead I prefer wearing a plain shirt and styling it to my liking. Here are some ways I would do so with a white T-shirt:
- Maxi skirt: A maxi skirt paired with a white T-shirt is a good mix of simple and elegant, without overdoing either of the two.
- Black leather jacket: The black and white contrast when pairing a leather jacket with a white T-shirt is very chic as of late. Plus, leather instantly adds an edgy touch to any look!
- Structured blazer: Perfect for going to class or work, a blazer over a white T-shirt looks professional enough, but remains casual at the same time.
- Floral print denim: A white T-shirt paired with printed denim is a good way to make these super fun bottoms stand out even more.
- Statement necklace: The high collar of a white T-shirt is the perfect backdrop to show off your interesting statement jewelry.
How do you rock your favourite white T-shirt? Take the CollegeFashionista “White T-Shirt Challenge!” Show us your complete look using the hashtag #collegefashionista!