Now before you go cursing the day Saint Valentine was born, let’s all try the more optimistic route and remember all the good things in life. Valentine’s Day should not just be about lavishly outspending the other; but rather an expression of love to those who have stuck by your side throughout the years. So whether you’re spending it with a lover, family or your best pals, pull yourself together and enjoy another day of being alive with those who bring out the best in you.
I personally will be spending Valentine’s Day with my closest group of friends and the largest glass of wine. To maintain the holiday spirit, I am wearing a vibrant red cardigan from Forever 21, paired with a white bustier from NASTY GAL and dress shorts from H&M. I tied it all together with thin black socks and, quite possibly the best purchase of my adult life, my Jeffrey Campbell Litas.
Here is a list of some things I simply love:
- Makeup Forever Lipstick: I live for Makeup Forever products, not that I need anymore. Their stuff is literally overflowing out of my makeup bag. Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N50 Aubergine is my newest obsession. A rich plum color, the application is as smooth as Michael Buble’s singing voice. Love.
- NYLON Magazine: As a longtime subscriber, they never fail. They always have the ins and outs to the best fashion, music and entertainment. Love.
- Hautelook App: I have dangerously discovered the iPhone App for online shopping destination HauteLook. I’m not denying anything, I have a shopping problem. But clothes, shoes, makeup and home decor from the top brands offered at half the price? How can I refuse? Love.
- Girl Scout Cookies: Blessed be their perfect timing. My guilty pleasure, Tagalongs, are certainly a gift from God himself. Love.
- Jennifer Lawrence: My latest girl crush. Your red carpet beauty is flawless. Stop it. Love.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!