Love is in the air… and also in the streets. This week is not only about the “typical” Valentine’s Day activities: watching couples holding hands; boyfriends walking their girlfriends to class; eating lunch together; laughs; kisses; free hugs; people sending flowers, chocolates and love notes to their secret friend; and, of course, Instagram and Facebook pictures all over the place to show some love.
Most importantly, these are the days were you can share the love in your fashion choices. Red dresses, floral skinny jeans, pink skirts, white shirts with hearts and cute flats with bows and stones are taking over the sidewalks of campus. Oh, so in love with love, right?
For me, Valentine’s Day was always about celebrating friendship with amazing parties. But this year I’m happy to say I will celebrate it with my incredible boyfriend by my side. He always treats me like a princess, so to make our first Valentine’s Day worth it, I thought I should do doing something special and significant for him. We both have classes all day, but as soon as I get out of school, I’ll start cooking dinner (which I never do, not even for myself). I’m planning to decorate the table with Valentine’s decorations and candles. After dinner, we’ll give each other our gifts and probably go to the movies. We are cinema freaks!
To celebrate the day, I will be wearing a pink scuba skirt from NASTY GAL with a white button-down shirt, a statements necklace, black Jeffrey Campbell platforms and, of course, the signature red lips to make the whole look more sassy.
Here is a list of five things I’m loving right now:
- Tim Gunn’s Fashion Bible: The Fashion Guru knows best. I keep reading this book over and over again for inspiration. Love.
- Red Nikon D3100: I recently got this camera and I just love the quality of the pictures. It’s like my new toy. Love.
- MAC lip gloss: I always carry it in my bag. It keeps my lips moisturized without being sticky. My favorite one is a natural soft cocoa tone. It goes with everything. Love.
- Denim shirts: Not just because of the trend, but I want to wear denim shirts all the time. For a morning class, I pair it with pastel skinnies and oxfords. For a night out, I wear mine with a mini skirt, a gold necklace and heels. Love.
- Prada Candy: My boyfriend gave me this perfume for Christmas and I’m obsessed! I don’t want it to end. Love.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!