Alas, Valentine’s Day is among us once again, Fashionistas/os. Today is the day when couples bring on the love and single people try not to vomit on them. Kidding! Well, kind of. If only it was still as simple as elementary school when everyone shared their boxed ‘N Sync and Backstreet Boys holographic valentines and candy with one another…sigh.
These days though, with all of the hype that surrounds this holiday, single or not, it’s hard not to feel some pressure. If you’re with someone, you have to find the perfect gift that screams, “I love you,” and if you’re single, you feel the need to find a boyfriend/girlfriend stat. My advice? Regardless of your Facebook relationship status, take today to appreciate all of the love around you. Be it your parents, brother, sister, best friend, significant other, or simply just a co-worker, realize that today isn’t necessarily about how many roses or boxes of chocolate you get. It’s about showing gratitude towards those who you care about.
This Valentine’s Day, I’m keeping it low key. No set plans yet, but in a simple white tank, my Silence & Noise faux leather vest, BCBGeneration trouser jeans, black Elliott Lucca clutch and red pumps, I’m ready to go anywhere from dinner to a night out on the town. And lastly, Fashionistas/os, don’t forget to celebrate your true love today: fashion. Show your wardrobe a little extra love and get your amazing self something new. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here is a list of five things I am loving right now:
- Song of Style: Aimee Song travels the world and does what she loves. Such a successful fashion blogger and interior designer. So inspiring!
- The Gentlemen of the Road Tour: Featuring some amazing bands like Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros and Fun., tickets are a must.
- The Walking Dead: Call me morbid, but I just can’t get enough of this show. Drama, suspense and adventure all in one. What’s not to like?
- Jeffrey Campbell Burke Pump: Black and nude with ankle straps and a high heel. These shoes could go with anything and I am so obsessed.
- Shellac Nail Polish: My nails stay perfect for such a long time. I usually go to the salon, but you can also do it yourself!
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!