Valentine’s Day for me isn’t a grand love affair. I think the most romantic thing I have received was a single rose from a random stranger on the street. As an old-romantic, I was flattered by the kind gesture. But I’m pretty sure a lot of girls would agree with me on one fact: I secretly wish it was my crush. And who would I love to receive a rose from? Glee heartthrob Jacob Artist! A serenade from him would be nice also!
However, this year for Valentine’s Day, I am willing to turn it up a notch. I may not be serenaded by my celebrity crush but I hope to celebrate in style. During the day I will bake heart-shaped cookies or red velvet cupcakes and give them to all my family and friends, attached with cute notes saying why I love them. My goodies would also be perfect to bring to my evening plans. My friends and I will go to the Open Moonlight Cinema, lay out our picnic rugs, snack on ice cream, chocolate and popcorn and watch a classic chick-flick under the moon and fairy lights. Never Been Kissed and Breakfast at Tiffany’s are definitely some of my favourite films to watch!
I will also need to dress in style. My red floral skirt is my usual forte so I decided to edge it up with a denim vest. For accessories, I added a velvet headband for something different. Finally, I had to go for my red TOMS alpargatas flats for comfort. Nothing beats the colour of love.
Here is a list of the five things I love right now:
- The Carrie Diaries: I was too young to watch Sex and the City when it first started airing, so eventually I was hooked onto the series when I was 18! And now that there is a prequel based on the novel of the young Carrie Bradshaw, I don’t feel so alone on my big city “Fashionista” dreams. Love.
- Gorman Jeans: Colours? Check. Patterns? Check. Super comfortable, I can wear it from day to night without a fuss? Check. The best jeans I have right now! Love.
- T2 Green Rose Tea: My love for green tea has been upgraded with the twist of rose petals and a fruity-punch. Love.
- Organix Macadamia Oil: Perfect to moisturize my hair when dry so it becomes shiny, smooth, luscious and seductive! Love.
- Phillip Phillips: I’m hooked onto the current season of American Idol and absolutely loving past season’s winner Phillip Phillip’s album, The World from the Side of the Moon. Obsessed with the song “Home.” Love.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!