Happy Valentine’s Day, Fashionistas/os! Do you remember how much fun this holiday was in elementary school? Making Valentine’s, eating sugary treats and sending anonymous love confessions to your crush was the best. At the end of the day you went home on a sugar high along with a bag full of heart cutouts and empty Hershey Kisses wrappers.
Now, more than a decade later, the holiday feels quite different. My friends are likely counting cocktails not Valentine’s cards (however, the day still stands as an excuse to eat a copious amount of sweets). Besides allowing myself to eat more chocolate than usual, I plan to celebrate V-Day by going out to dinner with my boyfriend, Christopher. For me, enjoying a good meal is the greatest way to celebrate any holiday.
To dress for the occasion, I’ve picked out a festive red and black striped dress, which I got at a boutique in Los Angeles. I usually don’t wear red but I do love me a striped dress (and this one has a cool crisscross back). Since it’s nippy out, I’m also wearing black tights. Shoe-wise I opted for a pair of black studded loafers (mine are by Sam Edelman) to add some texture and shine to my look. Sweet and simple is the motto for today!
Here is a list of five things I am loving right now:
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Moisture Mist: Water should never cost $38, but this product is super hydrating and effective. I spritz this on at night and it really helps to battle wintertime skin dryness. Love.
- Benefit “They’re Real!” Mascara: Sephora will gift you a mini version of this on your birthday (mine was last month) if you’re a rewards member. I fell in love with it instantly—it’s amazing! Love.
- All Saints Hartford Ashby Jeans: Not only are these a great wash, they were miraculously the right length for my height (or rather, lack thereof). Love.
- Peanut M&M’s: These are just the best. Period. Love.
- Sharpie Gel Highlighters: Regular highlighters are so boring compared to these fun gel ones. The crayon-like texture allows the neon to be even brighter, which somehow makes doing homework a little more exciting. Love.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!