With TV specials, flooded inboxs and snow blanketing most of the country, it means only one thing: the holiday season is upon us!
From dinner parties with relatives, catching up with old friends and hanging out with your parents, it is important to have a go-to holiday look that is equal parts fashion and festive. We asked nine of our CollegeFashionista Style Gurus to put together their favorite holiday looks that make them stand out amidst the sea of tacky sweaters and Santa hats.
While dressing up is always fun, the holidays are also a time to think of others. Finding the perfect gift for everyone on our lists is one of our favorite parts of the season. We here at CollegeFashionista have compiled our own lists of must-have gifts for the loved ones in our lives. Be sure to check out our Style Gurus’ exclusive features as well to see what they plan on gifting this holiday as well. Let these different gift guides inspire you during your last minute holiday shopping.
Amy’s Gift Guide:
- I am obsessed with candy. So sending something sweet to my sweets is always a fun and delicious way to let them know I am thinking of them during the holidays.
- Diqtyque makes my favorite candles and Nordstrom has a great set of 10. I plan on breaking up the set and giving each one of my girlfriends a scent that best represents their style.
- I love coffee table books and enjoy the process of finding the perfect book that I think each member of my family will enjoy.
- My sister loves both fashion and music. The Frends and Rebecca Minkoff limited edition headphones make the perfect gift for her.
- I picked up a pair of investment leather gloves for myself to keep warm while looking cool.
Melissa’s Gift Guide:
- The “Fashion Coloring Book” is literally one of my favorite things. Perfect for the young ones in your life or those who, like myself, are young at heart.
- There is nothing better then the gift of personalization. I ordered an engraved gold bracelet for my mom with a special message to let her know how much I adore her.
- My sister is obsessed with silk pajamas. The holidays are the perfect time to gift her with a new pair that I know she will love.
- I love a good handwritten note. Gifting beautiful stationary ensures the beautiful sentiment and tradition of snail mail lives on.
- I always splurge on a little something for myself as well. This year I am treating myself to the Elizabeth and James backpack I’ve been eying for a while. Work hard, play hard, right?
Sammy’s Gift Guide:
- I plan on subtly giving my best friend the gift of organization this year with the perfect kate spade agenda.
- A beautiful platter is the perfect holiday gift for my mom to serve her infamous cookies on.
- My fiancé is always doodling or writing lists and notes. Now he’ll be able to do it in style with a luxe notebook.
- Who doesn’t love an adorable mug to sip cocoa from while opening gifts? I’m seriously getting everyone on my list a monogrammed one.
- I need a little treat too! I think I’ll treat myself to an adorable new business card holder in a fun color.
Click on the “Shop The Look” icon to see all our favorite gift items! Happy shopping!
Have a great look or gift for this holiday season? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!