At a lot of colleges and universities, Saturdays mean one thing: football games! And while I must admit, I attended only one actual game during my four years at Indiana University, that didn’t stop me from showing my school spirit come game day at tailgates.
We have asked nine CollegeFashionista Style Gurus to show us how they tackle game day while remaining fashionable. From the Big Ten fashion at University of Michigan to SEC style at Auburn, our Style Gurus prove that school spirit has never looked better. Be sure to check out their exclusive features and get inspired by their game day looks.
Besides their fabulous fashions, our Style Gurus will be giving tips on how to take on the perfect tailgate. No matter if you a sports fanatic or not, one thing everyone can cheer for is tailgating. Fall weather, friends and food are a winning combination. But executing the perfect tailgate takes thought and preparation.
Here are our five tips for tailgating:
- The right music is key to any occasion, especially tailgates. Make a fun playlist of classic ‘80s tunes and current jams to keep the crowd pumped.
- Not all the beverages need to be “adult” beverages. Try making a fun punch with frozen fruit ice cubes to class up the event.
- Tailgates are no place to rock stilettos. Opt for a pair of desert boots or fashion-forward sneakers to make sure you can last through the game.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. Whether it be an over-the-top turban or a stack of bracelets, jazz up your look to stand out in the crowd.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses as you trek to the tailgating field. Those early morning rays can be a doozy.
Have a great game day look or tip for tailgating? Share it on social media using the hashtags #collegefashionista!