Happiest Day of Love, my fellow Fashionistas/os! We all know there’s mixed feelings regarding this day and all that it stands for. It’s the day a relationship seems like the most important thing on the planet, bouquets of red roses are seen on the regular and walking around with heart-shaped boxes of chocolate and teddy bears becomes far less obnoxious and much more appealing. Though I can admit there are several cheesy and materialistic factors to this holiday, I can’t help but adore it. Today’s the day we are forced to recognize all the love in our lives—not just romantically, but in every aspect. On days like these, with Cupid reminding me to aim my arrows wisely, I can’t help but draw a little inspiration from my main men, Mumford and Sons: “Where you invest your love, you invest your life.”
While I am a full-fledged, Conversation Hearts-eating Valentine’s supporter, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy participating in some good old-fashioned fun with all my single ladies! Marc, Michael, Karl and Christian are the only men a girl ever truly needs anyway, right? This Valentine’s Day, I plan on painting the town red with all my girlfriends after we treat ourselves to sushi and cocktails (and cheers to each other’s amazingness, of course). Whether I’m sporting a dainty cocktail dress or a feisty pair of leopard shorts, there’s no doubt I’ll keep my look feminine and flirty–which is what this day is all about!
Here is a list of five things I am absolutely loving right now:
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Sweetheart: I’m obsessed with anything fuchsia these days, and this fierce lip color looks amazing on just about anyone. Pink pouty lips are always in style and this hue is the perfect saucy accent to a festive Valentine’s look! Love.
- Chanel No. 5 Eau De Parfum: This may not be a new scent on the market but it’s my ultimate favorite and a definite classic, especially when it’s paired with a delicate dress and a timeless pair of heels. After all, Coco knew a thing or two about romance. Love.
- “The Freewheelin’” Bob Dylan: Fashion may have my heart, but music takes a close second. There’s nothing better than Dylan’s raw, poetic words on this 1963 album—it’s the ideal soundtrack to a sentimental holiday such as this one. If you can’t appreciate “Girl From the North Country,” we can’t be friends. Love.
- Goody QuickStyle Paddle Brush: God bless the inventors of this gem! This towel-bristled hairbrush has cut my drying time in half and has taken my everyday hairstyling to a whole new level. Now I have time for an extra cup of coffee and some hardcore outfit searching every morning! Love.
- My Wonderful World of Fashion: This grown-up coloring book is filled with cute pages of endless design activities. It’s ideal for lazy Sunday mornings and long breaks in between classes—plus it gives me a reason to bust out my ancient set of Crayola crayons! Love.
What are some things you are loving this February? Be sure to share your love on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #CFLove!