Feliz Día de San Valentín! Happy Valentine’s Day! This is my second favorite holiday of the year after Christmas. It’s a day all about showing affection and love for the people in your life. Sadly, it’s a holiday I’ll be spending at work and in class. And although it will also be snowing, there is no reason to forgo the spirit of the holiday.
Today I’m wearing my go-to pieces softened up with a light pink sweater. The only way to survive the cold is to bundle, and I love layering my faux leather jacket with a sweater and a long sleeve thermal. For the rest of my outfit, I went for my daily black jeans and wedge heel boots.
For accessories, I love gold because there is a romantic touch to it. My Kimberley Model bag holds everything and is also faux leather. This ómbre pink scarf is soft but perfect to keep me warm. And of course, my favorite accessory is a red lip.
No matter whom you’re celebrating this holiday with, here are some ideas for today:
- Celebrate VDay! VDay is an organization working to bring awareness to abuse. Join the #1BillionRising today to end violence against women all around the world. Join the on or offline conversation and try to find events on campus this weekend.
- Be your own Valentine and give yourself some love! Make it a pamper evening and treat yourself to a bath or anything that you love. You deserve it.
- My tried and true favorite thing is to spend an evening with my friends and make some hot cocoa and snacks while catching up and watching movies. Any Molly Ringwald film does it for me, but you can even just laugh over Kevin Hart’s stand up on Netflix.
- Hit the theaters and catch some romantic movies! I’m dying to see Endless Love.
- Throw a V-Day bash. Make it a singles’ night or invite everyone to spend the night with those you love.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!