I can’t help but get excited when Valentine’s Day comes around, because it’s the perfect excuse to eat chocolate!
I’m just kidding! Although chocolate is nice, Valentine’s Day has always been a special holiday for me because it celebrates the most powerful thing in the world: love. Although it is a couples’ holiday, I think that since love comes in many forms, the way you celebrate Valentine’s Day can as well. It’s the perfect excuse to show appreciation to your family, friends and whoever else you love in your life. Also, planning my outfit is always a blast because I can wear as much pink, red and white as I want.
This year, I am celebrating Valentine’s Day with my girl pals. We’re getting dressed up for a total GNO out in downtown Portland. After a night of food and dancing, we’ll probably raid the snack cabinet and fall asleep to a classic romantic comedy.
In terms of the outfit, I’ll be going with a girly rocker look. On top, I’m pairing my blush colored leather jacket with a white lace tee. To match, I’m wearing distressed jeans with brown booties on the bottom. Finally, I’m completing the look by mixing shades of pink and red through my accessories. Just a tip, if your nail polish gets on your skin like mine did, just wash your hands after it dries. The nail polish on the skin will wash off, leaving polished nails behind. Overall, by balancing the tough textures with pink shades, I end up with a fun and girly Valentine’s Day outfit.
Valentine’s Day can be fun for anyone no matter what your Facebook relationship status says about you! Here are five fun ways to celebrate:
- Go to an amusement park. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all romance; it can be fun and even a little scary too!
- Have a bake-off with friends and then eat everything you make! Try to make something new and properly themed like white chocolate popcorn.
- Buy those cheesy Valentine’s Day cards at the store and give them out to friends. Sponge Bob ones are always a hit.
- Show your parents some love by cooking for them or doing something special to show you care.
- If you do have a date, go all out. Buy the big teddy bear, chocolates and flowers for him or her. Then end the day with a classic dinner and movie combo.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day? Share it on social media using the hashtag #collegefashionista!