This Spring Break I am headed to Miami for the infamous nightlife, beautiful beaches (and people!) and, most importantly of all, to attend the first weekend of Ultra Music Festival!
CollegeFashionista has teamed up with ASOS, for the next 48 hours, offering 25 percent off full price and just in time to pick out your Spring Break wardrobe. Below are my top 10 must have ASOS items for Spring Break!
1. Sunglasses are a no-brainer for all spring breaks, and I love the shape and colors that bring the shock-factor to these circular sunnies. For an easy and comfy look perfect for vacation I’d wear them with beachy/wavey tresses, a red lip and oversized graphic T-shirt dress.
2. Forget wide-brimmed beach hats. I’m all about this snap back, as it allows any New Yorker to bring a bit of underground/downtown Manhattan to whatever tropical destination they choose to travel to. Worn with a freshly tanned face, cut-offs and flatform sandals it would complete a trendy and slightly edgier spring break look.
3. This backpack is perfection. From its tropical baby blue hue to its petite size, it is the ideal bag to bring along for any excursion from a catamaran ride to a waterfall hike. Because I would bring it along to all three days of Ultra to store my water, sunscreen and wallet in, I would wear it with a bright swimsuit top, comfy high-waisted shorts and sneakers.
4. Spring Break is known for being a rather, uh, wild time, so what better pair of shoes to bring along than some metallic pointy-toed wedges? Paired with either a LBD and topknot or leather shorts and bustier top, they would be perfect for a hot night out in Miami.
5. These shoes have had my heart since Vans first released them. The flatform, the hightop, the leopard print–all of it combined embodies the skater/downtown grunge look that I love. These would be my go-to shoes for Ultra Music Festival, where I would pair them with an airy black tank dress, cat eye and crown of red roses.
6. I love not only the cut of this top, which is perfect for a beachy vacation, but also its whimsical banana print. I think every outfit should include an unexpected element no matter where it is being worn. To wear this out at night I would wear it with a fitted black miniskirt, T-strap black heels and a red patent bag.
7. The vintagey floral print on this swimsuit is to die for and mimics its slightly mod cut perfectly. I would wear this with absolutely nothing while frolicking in the ocean!
8. I have been meaning to get a watch since I lost my Buzz Lightyear one in the 5th grade, but nothing seemed as good. Until now. I love the retro colors and shape of this watch, which are updated and justified by the skulls imprinted on the band. I’d wear this with just about anything, especially retro graphic tanks and an arm-party full of neon and metal pieces.
9. As I said, spring break is the perfect time for metallics, and this skirt’s versatility makes it a must-have. Paired with a strapless black top and black stilettos or an oversized cotton t-shirt and sandals, this mini can go from day to night seamlessly.
10. This dress is at once cute and sexy, playful and chic. I love the mesh back and A-line shape (my favorite) just as much as I do the oversized bow and bold kitty face. This would have to be worn with cat eyes and red lips (is there really another option?), a pair of sky-high booties and gold bracelets.